Even though VPO specializes in keeping all of your documents safe and organized, you might find a need to download a copy of those files perhaps for storage or maybe litigation purposes. It's easy to do and quick!
Don't forget about the 'Syncing a Library' option as well.
All VPO modules are either a list or a library. If you'd like to download a copy of list information, like RFIs or Submittals, see our article on 'A Guide to the Archiving Module'. A library, like Construction Documents, is a special list designed to only store documents. SharePoint organizes all of the document libraries to be easily downloaded.
You can download an individual document, a whole folder, or an entire module's worth of information. Below are the steps to get started downloading your project's libraries.
- Navigate to the library you would like to download. Toggle the check mark next to the folder(s) or file(s) you would like to download.
You can select all the items in a library by toggling the selection in the header.
- Once you select an item, the download button will appear on the toolbar above. Select 'Download'.
- Your files will download as a .zip file to your computer. Your individual settings will determine where it is saved or if you will be prompted to choose a location.
- Navigate to the place where you saved your .zip file. From the toolbar above, select 'Extract All'.
- Choose the place you would like to save your extracted files. Then select 'Extract'.
- You have now successfully downloaded a full copy of your files for reference.
File structure is preserved, each item folder is still nested within the module folder, etc.